Kriket Klub ŠKOFJA LOKA Rules and Roles
• Lead the Team.
• Every decision on the field is reserved by captain.
• Communicates with the club executive members.
• Not to lose temper on and off of the field.
• Not questionable on field. Individual can approach personally.
• Responsible for all correspondence with team members.
• Will decide and announce final 11.
• Will be responsible for communicating with their team members for availability.
• Will decide bowling, batting order and field positions.
• Can get help from other team members as and when necessary
• Expected to show up in all the games. Will always play no matter what.
• Will be responsible to manage all games issues on the field and off field.
• Can be changed only based upon decision of the 4 members and the Club executive body has to approve this.
• Leads the team in the absence of captain and all the responsibilities and powers will apply in such case.
• Expected to show up in all the games.
• Captain, Vice Captain and one member from the executive team will be part of selection committee.
• All will get to choose final 11. In case of tie, captain decision is final.
• All discussions will be confidential within the committee.
• Committee members have always a say whether or not he is an active player (even out of town).
• Members will stay thru the season. Will not be replaced.
• No specific rules (pre defined) to select final 11. Committee decision is final.
TEAM MEMBER (All)
• Every member of team is expected to show up in every season game, practice session and team meetings and “ON TIME”.
• By Wednesday, let the captain or vice captain or committee members know about availability based on schedule.
• After captain announces final 11 by Thursday, if a member doesn’t show up on the field he will be suspended for next game as a part of disciplinary action.
• Misbehavior on and off the field by a team member will have to go thru disciplinary action. A warning will be issued by the captain for the first time and will be suspended for the next game if it repeats.
• Captain can refer the misbehaving people to the Board who can remove the player from the club.
• All issues on the field will be directed to captain for further communication.
• Club membership is not refundable.
• Every player should show up as per captain’s announcement.
• Follow formal cricket attire.
• Any additional points communicate with captain.
• Will not leave the field before all team Kit and accessories have been gathered.
TREASURER and KIT MANAGER
• Maintain team money for buying team kit for team practice and games.
• Team’s monetary actions will be handled by treasurer.
• Maintains the team kit inventory and keeps track of the requirements.
• Responsible for putting together the team kit after the game with seeking help from others.
• Works with Team Captain and vice captain to buy new assets for the Team.
• Treasurer also responsible for filed drinks for all official games.
Traditionally cricket has been the one sport to maintain and exhibit the highest of conduct and sportsmanship. It needs to be noted that at this level cricket is referred to as a Gentleman’s Game and we hopes that all of us will participate in that spirit. While always a most competitive game, the continued strength of the sport has relied upon the acceptance of the Umpire’s decision and the preparedness to play within the spirit of the game.
The areas of major concern and those clearly unacceptable, to Kriket Klub ŠKOFJA LOKA are:
• The use of offensive language – generally as a disparaging remark to an opposing player or toward an Umpire, or even as an expression of frustration or self-admonishment.
• The questioning/disputing of the Umpire’s decision – often in an aggressive or sarcastic manner. This applies equally to dismissals and unsuccessful appeals as to the judgment of calls on no-balls, wides, byes, etc.
• The excessive number of frivolous and ridiculous appeals – primarily aimed at pressuring and intimidating the Umpire into a favorable decision.
• The actions of the dismissed batsman – in failing to leave the crease promptly on being given out and any equipment abuse (e.g. banging the bat into the ground or against the fence or race, etc and/or throwing the bat or equipment during or after his return to the pavilion).
Club has two processes for reporting and consideration of unsatisfactory behavior:
1. Serious breaches of misbehavior will see the player immediately reported by the Umpire(s) controlling the match to the Captain and hoping that Captain takes control of the situation.
2. For less serious breaches where an Umpire has occasion to speak to a player regarding his behavior, but does not believe a report is necessary.
IN BOTH INSTANCES, SHOULD A PLAYER BE FOUND GUILTY OF AN ACT OF MISCONDUCT, HE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR A SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION AS DETERMINED BY THE ŠL MANAGEMENT. NO MEMBERSHIP FEE WILL BE REFUNDED IN SUCH CASES.